Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit association committed to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers.
ACTE represents the community of career and technical education professionals, including educators, administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others at all levels of education. The Association is committed to excellence in providing advocacy, public awareness and access to resources, professional development and leadership opportunities.
ACTE is proud to partner with the United States Army on a variety of initiatives to educate America’s youth about the many exciting 21st century careers available in CTE fields. One particular project ACTE and the U.S. Army have partnered on is the Strengthening America’s Youth Initiative, during which Army presenters provide a series of online seminars as a professional development resource for the Association’s members.
ACTE strives to:
- Enhance its members’ work by organizing professional development programming, spreading information about innovation in the field, leadership development and fostering networking opportunities.
- Increase public awareness of and appreciation for CTE programs as well as recognition of excellent CTE educators and supporters.
- Advocate at the federal and state levels to increase funding for CTE programs as well as support for policy priorities that support the CTE field.
- Build and nurture a collaborative, collegial CTE community and foster relationships between CTE educators and partners in business and industry.
- Support its state associations and builds strong, effective relationships among prominent organizations in business, education, industry and research for the benefit of its members and students nationwide.
ACTE’s core values include:
ACTE believes that the field of career and technical education needs a strong voice at the local, state and national levels to support its importance to learners and to promote public awareness of that value to a competitive economy.
ACTE seeks and values diversity among its members and the students its members serve.
ACTE embraces the concept of lifelong learning and recognizes its importance to remaining competitive in a constantly changing environment.
ACTE understands that it cannot accomplish its purpose without the strong support and partnership of other individuals and groups who share its vision.
ACTE supports the concept of accountability and encourages members and their organizations to develop means to demonstrate their active contributions to the nation’s learners.
Guide to Military Career readiness and Skills Development
ACTE Industry Connect Blog